It is currently Jun 26, 2019 10:24 pm

MInd Control

A place to talk about everything from mysticism to lucid dreaming to psychosis to telepathy to conspiracy theories. How do we make sense of the things we see and feel even though we know most ‘normal’ people don’t acknowledge them? How do we harness our mutant powers? Is there really 'power' in what they call ‘madness’ or are we just a bunch of loons?

MInd Control

Postby Dan2013 » May 21, 2018 3:30 pm

[Trigger Warnings- Mind Control, Illegal Psych Experiments, etc.]

Someone mentioned the RFK assassination case and Sirhan Sirhan on another Thread and it inspired me to write this post about CIA Mind Control.

I am not really a "conspiracy theorist", but sometimes there are actual conspiracies in reality. I don't know all the details about Sirhan Sirhan. I know it was alleged that he was a brain washed operative of the CIA, brain washed under the MK Ultra Program.

MK Ultra was a real thing, a sprawling CIA program of research into Mind Control. There was a psychiatrist based in my city (Albany, NY) who was involved in this research, and he did terrible abuse to Psych Patients during his "research". I have thought about maybe writing an academic paper about this guy.

His name was Donald Ewen Cameron, a Psychiatrist based at the Albany Medical Center in Albany NY. He was active in the 50s and 60s until his death in that decade. He was definitely a Psychiatric Abuser. He participated in the CIA Mind Control Program called MK Ultra, the same one that conspiracy theorists say Sirhan Sirhan was connected to.

Anyway, Cameron would drive to Montreal from Albany to McGill University where he did terrible Mind Control experiments on innocent psychiatric patients. He was based in Albany, but commuted to Montreal to conduct his questionable experiments.

I suspect one reason the research was done in Canada was to hide it from anyone in American Jurisdictions. So, there is a book and a documentary on this called "The Sleep Room" that I have not read but may try to track down at some point. There was also another book called "The Shock Doctrine".

Another interesting note is that modern CIA "enhanced interrogations" manuals were developed from some of these mind control experiments. So the MK Ultra work is in part the basis for psychological torture in the current "war against terror". Terrible stuff. In any case, that is what I thought of when someone mentioned Sirhan Sirhan and RFK. A lot of dark material.

If anyone is interested in this stuff, there is a Wikipedia article for both Mk Ultra and for Donald Ewen Cameron, the abuse/mind control psychiatrist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Ewen_Cameron

DN2013
Dan2013

Re: MInd Control

Postby naomibardo » May 21, 2018 4:06 pm

I have been looking this stuff up.It is so scary like those Nazi experiments they did.

I have seen videos of the soldiers they administered lsd to without their knowledge and some of it is really hilarious because they are laughing a lot an falling out of trees.

I saw that one of the scientists,a Hungarian jew was plotting to kill an African leader called Francis Lumumba by using some chemical poison on his toothbrush.This post colonial leader was killed eventually by a western backed coup.
It has meant that Congo today had gone through one of the most brutal civil wars with over 3 million killed and the most horrific violence still raging today.It makes me mad to think of the interference of these dark forces working on behalf of these various interests.It just seems to go on and on.
This scientist ended up living in an eco type house and raising goats and advocating peace and environmentalism it said.
It is strange how they could be co opted into carrying out such horrific experiments and finding some kind of rationalisation for doing it,presumably things like beating an anti communist agenda and such like.
I suppose now it is all about beating a "Islamic fundamentalist" agenda as you say Dan.
They always have to create some kind of enemy and threat to justify these means.
naomibardo

Postby Dan2013 » May 21, 2018 6:42 pm

I'll have to look up that stuff on Lumumba. I have a general interest in this sort of stuff. Really it is about the abuse of science and medicine, the abuse of human rights, illegal activities against innocent victims.

The CIA Mind Control stuff is one terrible example. Another is Nazi Pseudoscience, false "Race Science", the Holocaust, Nazi Medical Experiments, etc. A lot of Eugenics ideas used by the Nazis were developed in America and then transferred to Germany. There is a good book about it called "War Against The Weak" by Edwin Black. It is kind of a dry read, but the subject matter is important.

If I got into a Master's Degree Program, I would probably do History, with a focus on History of Science and Medicine, as well as Pseudoscience and abuse of Scientific and Medical power. Another example is the long history of abuse and torture of those with Psych Labels, Mad Folks.

There is a lot of good in Science and Medicine, but it is also important that we identify the bad and separate it out from what is good. The abuse of scientific and medical power is a real issue, and it can diminish what is valuable about science and medicine.

DN2013
Dan2013

Postby naomibardo » May 21, 2018 7:01 pm

Yes,I agree.All abuse is terrible but I think psych abuse is still a much underreported under acknowledge form of abuse and hearing about those "experiments and the things they thought they could carry out is just terrifying and how those scientists could justify that in the name of science.Yes,ethics in science is a big topic.

I think that the persuit of knowledge for political gain or things like the space race which became a battle between east and west.They used experimental data from the concentration camps and brought those Nazi scientists to America so they could help with the space race,operation paperclip it was called.

I saw a really good film called Frances with Jessica Lange,if you can ever get to see it,do so because it is a really good film based on the true story of a Hollywood actress who was quite left wing and she was incarcerated in psych institutions and forcibly treated because she was seen as a trouble maker.It was a while ago I saw it and cannot remember how they managed to force treat her and on what grounds but I remember being so shocked and saddened by it.
Anyway,I would certainly like to be a lot more involved with creating a truly compassionate and therapeutic mental wellness system because it is such a long way from being what it needs to be and I think there has been a growing impetus in recent years to create something different and to meet people's needs.

Yes,it would be good Dan if you could get back to study something you are passionate and interested in.
Maybe you could consider writing some articles for some publications or something like mad pride magazines or other mental health journals.There is so much you can do online now as well with blogs and such but it does take some setting up I suppose.
naomibardo

Postby Dan2013 » May 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Yes, thanks for the good post. I am out of computer time but I will come back to this Thread at a later point and respond in more detail. Good topic, I think.

DN2013
Dan2013

Return to Alternate Dimensions or Psychotic Delusions?