It is currently Jun 25, 2019 8:10 pm

Pregnant, Single and Bipolar...I need support!

The complexities of friendship, parenting, family life, and intimate relationships while navigating extreme states of mind. From mad parenting tips, to questions about polyamory, to sibling rivalry or feeling shunned by friends once you "came out' as mad. Note: explicitly sexual topics should go in the sex/sexuality forum.

Pregnant, Single and Bipolar...I need support!

Postby sobanion » Aug 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Icaristas,
I am 12 weeks pregnant and my lover ghosted on me 6 weeks ago and has blocked my phone number. I haven't been able to inform him and I haven't told my family. I have desperately wanted a child for 6 years but now that I'm pregnant, I'm freaking out! I am staying in temporary transitional housing but don't have permanent housing. I have an extremely part time job. I have zero security and very little support.
My psychiatrist instructed me to go off all my meds immediately. I have since talked to 3 other doctors who have all told me different things. I have an appointment with an ob-gyn tomorrow and will bring up the subject again. Has anyone out there been pregnant and had a diagnosis of bipolar 1? Did you take meds?
I am looking to create a support network. I live in Santa Rosa, California. Anyone out there wanna have tea and support a scared, confused, lonely and also awesome, courageous and creative woman who is looking to find extended family? Thanks for reading this and hoping to find some allies.
sobanion

Re: Pregnant, Single and Bipolar...I need support!

Postby Dan2013 » Aug 20, 2018 4:00 pm

I am a man with a bipolar diagnosis. I felt that I should tell you that this site is fairly inactive with just a few regulars who post here.

You might find more people on the Icarus Project Facebook pages. Icarus is much more active on Facebook than this Forum. I wish you well and good luck. I hope that you can get the support that you need.
Dan2013

Postby Dan2013 » Aug 21, 2018 12:46 pm

I also thought that I would mention that you are certainly welcome here on this Forum. I just pointed out the Facebook Group because I think your chances of finding someone who has a diagnosis and also a pregnancy are much greater on Facebook than here.
Dan2013

Postby naomibardo » Aug 21, 2018 1:58 pm

yep,I agree with that,in fact you are more than lightly to find someone in your area who you can hook up with in real life as well.
I wish you well though and am glad that you are finally having the child that you have longed wished for and I am sure that you will find kindred spirits who you can share the joys and challenges of parenthood with.You sound awesome.
naomibardo

Return to Relationships: Family, Friends & Lovers