It is currently Nov 18, 2018 3:46 am

The free art movement

The free art movement

Postby Raining Frog » Oct 04, 2011 1:03 am

I had one of those experiences again, at a show with multiple artists, I helped hang and didn't see all three of my projects up, I thought that there was opinions there about wanting to put "the absolute best" up, and that brought me to think again about this poster I saw about the free art movement, and how hard is it to make a living as an artist where I live. It's perfection everything. I sometimes felt that it was more about the experience of work and not always the money, but I don't know about free art if I drop $15 on a frame itself...anyway it sound's like kind of a cool concept...
Raining Frog

Re: The free art movement

Postby theMarchHare » Oct 04, 2011 1:55 am

I thought art wasn't about "perfection" as much as it was about expression. Have you ever thought about an online exhibition for your art? Some of my friends are rather accomplished photographers/artists and opt to have their work displayed online rather than in a gallery. Granted, it's easier to steal, but you also get much more exposure than you would at a stationary display.

I'd enjoy seeing some of your work. Art makes life somewhat more worthwhile.
Much madness is divinest sense to a Discerning eye.
-Dickenson
theMarchHare

Re: The free art movement

Postby Raining Frog » Oct 04, 2011 3:47 pm

I agree, the importance of expression is paramount-I am not always about a flawless presentation, as much as the process of doing the art...I have ran into a few others from time to time that have told me they thought Madison (where I live) is a very difficult place to make a break in the art community, or whatever. I'm not all about money, and that's why I'm not a full-time artist. Other interests-

I have a deviantart account- it's http://sharkshock.deviantart.com
That's my main online source right now, free
you can see some of my work there
I'm debating as to whether I should make a monthly investment in a domain-name art website and make it look more personalized or flashy, or whatnot...
Raining Frog

Return to Art, Graphics, Photos, and Video