It is currently Nov 18, 2018 4:39 am

Animating the Demons.

Animating the Demons.

Postby SigneLabradors » Jun 25, 2012 7:23 am

I am working on a feature - a funny film about depression "Rocks In My Pockets".
The subject of depression is very important to me, personally. I have obsessive suicidal thoughts almost every minute of my day. At age 18, I tried to commit suicide, and was hospitalized. I was diagnosed as manic depressive at 22. The last time I took pills for my mental affliction was six months after release from the mental hospital. I do not take pills anymore - I can't afford them, and they dull my mind. The fact that I live and am able to work is a result, partly, of years of hard inner work - I am determined to be happy - and partly because of my education - I have a BA in Philosophy and am trained to think, analyze and persuade. The person I have to persuade the most is myself.
Every day I wake up and have to find a new meaning to my life. Luckily, I have been able to find it. My three cousins were not as lucky, and they were more successful at their suicide attempts than me. Over the years I have pondered whether there was any connection between us, the suicidal cousins from my father's side of the family. I started to ask questions and unravel old family secrets. This is what "Rocks In My Pockets", my first feature film, is about. I call it a funny film about depression, but in fact it is sometimes serious, sometimes funny, but overall deeply personal, just like my film Teat Beat of Sex.
You can read the full interview with pictures and clips from my films on FlipAnimation:
http://flipanimation.blogspot.com/2012/06/animating-my-demons.html
SigneLabradors

Re: Animating the Demons.

Postby Concrete_Turtle » Sep 30, 2012 1:41 am

That's pretty awesome. I love the art style. It's really relatable and funny.
Concrete_Turtle

Return to Art, Graphics, Photos, and Video