It is currently Nov 18, 2018 4:34 am

A Way to Gather our Art for Sale?

A Way to Gather our Art for Sale?

Postby fsidiq » Feb 11, 2013 3:20 pm

May be beyond the purview of the TIP website, but any suggestions on how we could create a virtual marketplace where we could view and purchase TIPster art? I don't know much about Etsy, so maybe a collaboration but I would love to be able to go to one site and support Icarus folks who are artists, (so we're not always starving)...
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - MLK jr.
fsidiq

Re: A Way to Gather our Art for Sale?

Postby chiaroscuro » Feb 11, 2013 9:12 pm

That's a cool idea... I don't know much about Etsy either but it might not be hard to set up?
chiaroscuro

Postby treespirit » Feb 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Yeah, that's a cool idea. But why bother creating a virtual marketplace if there are already marketplaces where art can be sold?

There's another thread just below yours that links to a site where ZenithJade sells her stuff... And there are many others who sell their art there.

I think creating a "gathering" of everyone's art could be as simple as organizing a list of icaristas who have an account on that (or any other site). Or even just making a few profile fields on these forums for inputting usernames in popular art communities.
treespirit

Postby fsidiq » Feb 11, 2013 10:04 pm

I was thinking something where you didn't have to try and track down old threads, individual posts (that many folks might miss) or open 7 different tabs to try to track down an artist without losing your place in the 750billion posts on the discussion board...
fsidiq

Postby fsidiq » Feb 25, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm just going to plug concreteturtle's bipolar bear stickers. Fricking awesome. You can find her thread if you keep scrolling down.
fsidiq

Return to Art, Graphics, Photos, and Video