It is currently Nov 18, 2018 3:39 am

knoxville to asheville ?

knoxville to asheville ?

Postby thesilence101 » Jul 16, 2009 7:42 am

hi. i was just wondering if there was any way i could get some updated info e-mailed to me about Asheville, NC icarus meet-ups.

are there any kind of relevant meet ups for someone from out of town ?
i live currently in my home town of Knoxville, TN. but i have a lot of family who currently live down in Asheville. So, really, a drive there isn't like, too nutty..(if you know what i mean =-P)

ok. thanks.

-will
thesilence101

Postby Inel » Jul 16, 2009 9:57 am

Hello Will!
Hi Knoxville!

There is definitely a Knoxville/Asheville connection. Every time I leave Asheville, I find myself passing through your town. There are a lot of folks from Knoxville here (like my housemate and all her friends). I even recall another Icarista or two posting here from Knoxville. I have been long dreaming of an Icarus working retreat up there at the Highlander Center. How cool would that be?

Anyway, our groups are open to everyone and happen weekly on Mondays. If it's a Monday holiday we often still meet, but change the location. Currently we meet 7pm at the YWCA on S. French Broad.

I haven't been attending regularly, but my feeling is that the group has been kinda stagnant. We're due to shake things up a bit and get revitalized. Energy of new folks is always welcome and I think an event is on the horizon.

You are of course welcome to stop by any Monday you happen to be in town, but I'd really recommend not making the 100 mile trip just for the regular group until something more exciting is happening...but maybe that's just me speaking from a burnt out place after riding these waves of ebb and flow for almost four years now.

Let's stay in touch via email radmadashevilleATtheicarusprojectDOTnet will send you to our info account. I'm happy to share my phone number and talk more if you wish.

Also know there are lots of folks here who likely wouldn't mind coming up to support you in getting a local group happening by having a seed event in Knoxville.

Gosh, this just brings up that other dream of a regional Icarus meet up and camping trip!

Thanks for connecting and reminding me/others to update the Asheville info thread. Please do be in touch if you happen to be heading our way.
<p>"Hard times require furious dancing."  Alice Walker</p>
Inel

asheville

Postby crazychicken » May 12, 2010 8:45 am

i live just east of knoxville, in morristown. i'm interested in getting emails too! i may not be able to go too often, maybe not at all, but i still would like to know what's happening, and maybe meet some friends who struggle lik me.
if u email me, just let me know you r from the icarus project.....i get a lot of junk email!
pololoco74@yahoo.com (rosey)
thanks!
<p>Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...</p>
<p>It's about learning to dance in the rain.</p>
crazychicken

Return to Asheville, NC