It is currently Nov 18, 2018 3:39 am

New Meeting Location -> starting Nov. 4th

New Meeting Location -> starting Nov. 4th

Postby furstone » Oct 29, 2014 10:12 am

http://ashevilleradicalmentalhealth.net/2014/10/28/new-meeting-location-at-kairos-west-community-center/

<please note new meeting location as of 11/04/2014...
Tuesdays @ Kairos West Community Center
(742 Haywood Rd., AVL)
4:30 – 6:30pm >

Note: The move to this location was decided through discussions at weekly meetings, and a discussion on the ARMHC listserv, which is not inclusive of all ARMHC community members, nor accessible as a public forum.

The decision to move was based in the long-standing concerns re: the expectation that every person attending a group will purchase a beverage or snack, concerns about scheduling overlaps with other groups, the public space issue, etc.

The decision to move was made by ARMHC members who are active on the listserv and at meetings, and was made in a manner that was somewhat hasty, due to current circumstances and spotty Autumn organizing communications.

Efforts will be made to help out folks who live downtown/walk to get to the new location if they are interested in attending meetings.

Check out this post to learn more about the new space and come say hi at the new location!

Sunrise Volunteer Peer Support Services has drop-in hours at Kairos from 1-3 on Tuesdays, (and Wednesdays, and Thursdays) which is close to the ARMHC meeting time on Tuesdays. Feel free to stop by!
https://www.facebook.com/Sunriseinasheville

autumn (n.) Look up autumn at Dictionary.com

late 14c., autumpne (modern form from 16c.), from Old French autumpne, automne (13c.), from Latin autumnus (also auctumnus, perhaps influenced by auctus "increase"), of unknown origin. Perhaps from Etruscan, but Tucker suggests a meaning "drying-up season" and a root in *auq- (which would suggest the form in -c- was the original) and compares archaic English sere-month "August."

Harvest was the English name for the season until autumn began to displace it 16c. In Britain, the season is popularly August through October; in U.S., September through November. Compare Italian autunno, Spanish otoño, Portuguese outono, all from the Latin word. Unlike the other three seasons, its names across the Indo-European languages leave no evidence that there ever was a common word for it.

Many "autumn" words mean "end, end of summer," or "harvest." Compare also Lithuanian ruduo "autumn," from rudas "reddish," in reference to leaves; Old Irish fogamar, literally "under-winter."
No child on this earth was ever meant to be ordinary - a. dillard
furstone

Re: New Meeting Location -> starting Nov. 4th

Postby scorpiorising » Nov 12, 2014 9:17 pm

Wow, I'm so glad this group is still going/going again. I work Tuesdays until 6, through December, so probably can't check it out until the new year, but just wanted to say thanks, FaithRR, for keeping it going. Kairos is a great space, great energy, etc. (My nonprofit just started having board meetings there.) Looking forward to joining y'all eventually!
scorpiorising

Re: New Meeting Location -> starting Nov. 4th

Postby furstone » Nov 12, 2014 9:42 pm

Yeah, the Kairos space is a good one and meetings have been bigger there. Speaking of which, I just wanted to say that lots have folks have kept it going...I'm just the one who posts here sometimes!

Hope that paths cross sometime...

FRR
No child on this earth was ever meant to be ordinary - a. dillard
furstone

Return to Asheville, NC