It is currently Mar 23, 2019 12:45 am

Starting a new group

Use this section to shout out to Icaristas and other mad hatters and allies in your area, put out feelers to start a new group (under the banner of Icarus or independently) and announce local events.

Re: Starting a new group

Postby tiny star » Aug 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Agustina wrote:You prefer to me to leave? I will.

Quite the opposite! I know you guys are incredibly busy, that's clear, and perhaps it's simply not practical,
but I'd like to see all of you around more often, not less.

I apologize in advance. As a collective you guys are likely overwhelmed behind the scenes keeping things together,
with not only Icarus but also the demands in your own personal and professional lives,
so we can't get a chance to interact with you in the forums as often as we'd like as fellow mad travelers.

We miss you on that level, that's all.
“It was like falling down an elevator shaft and landing in a pool full of mermaids.” ~ Hunter S. Thompson
tiny star

Postby thismanicmama » Feb 17, 2019 2:01 pm

i would love to start a group up here in Edmonton Alberta Canada.
anyone out there?
augustina, where do i start???
<p>We are, I am, you are by cowardice or courage the one who find our way back to the scene carrying a knife, a camera a book of myths in which our names do not appear. -Adrienne Rich "Diving into the Wreck"</p>
thismanicmama

Postby Dan2013 » Feb 17, 2019 9:40 pm

Hello-

I would suggest going onto Facebook and locating the Icarus Group there. This Message Board is fairly dormant and quiet. A few of us regulars here are keeping it open, but a lot of the main organizing is done elsewhere.

So, you are certainly welcome here on these Boards, but if you want to start a local Icarus Group, I would suggest checking out Icarus on Facebook.

DN2013
Dan2013

Postby kevix » Feb 19, 2019 3:34 am

you can email kevin.mark@verizon.net as I run a group in NYC.
kevix

Previous

Return to Local Meetups and Community Organizing