It is currently Sep 18, 2019 5:04 am

how to get free organic food.

Many of us have found that food plays a large part in our physical and mental health. Some of us struggle with our relationship with food. What are you eating (or not eating) these days?

how to get free organic food.

Postby spacetime_rambler » May 21, 2008 2:36 am

I had a complaint with some organic food I bought in the freezer at Kroger, actually, food stamps paid for it, I cannot afford organic food. Anyhow, I didn't like it so I e-mailed the company telling them so, and they mailed me 22 dollars in free coupons! So today I messaged them (several months after the first incident) to tell them that I bought another pizza and that I really enjoyed this one. And they e-mailed me back REQUESTING my address so they could send me a product catalog and some free coupons. After the first incident with them I mailed some other companies like Odwalla, Ezekiel Bread, and Silk Soymilk, and have gotten coupons in the mail. Doesn't take long to drop an e-mail and the rewards are fantastic! Just thought I'd share - it's really been working for me.

I keep all my e-mails and return e-mails in a word processor document. So far, I am up to 9 pages.
spacetime_rambler

Postby H-Barbz » May 26, 2008 3:22 pm

Word! =D
H-Barbz

Postby spacetime_rambler » May 26, 2008 10:22 pm

Yep -- I am amazed at how many companies will send coupons just for asking. I have been turned down by a couple companies but that's okay, too.

I got the idea to ask for them after they sent me a bunch after complaining. I have this conscience that will not allow me to make up complaints to companies so I am doing the honest route and it still works :)
spacetime_rambler

Postby AprilWest » May 26, 2008 10:39 pm

you should post what companies worked and which didn't to save us the time. much appreciated! what exactly do you say? this sounds so awesome!
If your still free start running away
AprilWest

Postby spacetime_rambler » May 26, 2008 11:12 pm

Yes - I should. Here we go.

First off - e-mail AMY's. They have been the nicest so far; I have corresponded with them two times. They seem the most people oriented of the bunch. Best customer service - - most personable.

1st time - I e-mailed them with a complaint about a frozen pizza. I was nice and they were nice and it was all nice. they sent me 22 dollars in free coupons, including 2 free pizzas,....oh I forget now, but it totaled 22 dollars of free stuff.

2nd time - I e-mailed them and said I was new into organics and wanted to try their products (actually, my brother did this for me (I did it for him -- had it sent to my parents house --) he does not eat Amy's), and they sent me a free pizza coupon, 2 dollar off coupons, and 2 .55 off coupons.

- -- - Silk Soymilk will send a coupon when asked, but limit 1 per household per year. Got a friend that doesn't drink it? Send one to their house.

- - - - -Kettle chips will send a coupon if you are unhappy with their product but will NOT send a coupon if you just ask. Actually, they will send 2 free bags of chips if you are unhappy.

- - -- - I sent a LONG e-mail to Odwalla asking for 'sponsorship' essentially, and they sent me 3 free drinks 3.59 and under. (Will post this hillarious letter at the end of the post.)

- -- - Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream does NOT have a "formal" coupon program.

- - - - Ekekial Bread people (Food for Life) sent 2 .50 off.

- -- - Toms of Maine - the toothpaste deodorant people were really cool. I have been experimenting with different approaches (all honest) to see if any work different. Some companies I do not even ask for a coupon, I just compliment them, to see what they do. Toms of Maine was one such company. I e-mailed them saying that I liked their stuff, and a little while later I received a whole package in the mail: toothpaste, mouthwash, and deodorant. Very cool.

------- Nature's Path (the cereal people) do NOT give coupons when asked. Just long excuses and suggestions to check the newspaper.

That is all I have so far, but I continue all the time. It's been great fun. Doesn't take much time, and I have been eating good :)

Here is the letter I wrote up. I sent it to you Odwalla. So far they are the only company to receive it.

Hello,

My name is Brandon and I am a big fan of your company. Several years ago I was diagnosed with a mood disorder and learned to manage my symptoms with a healthy diet, which led me to your food. I found that by regulating my nutrition and cutting out all the artificial junk, I am able to stay medicine free. I guess, in a way, good food is my medicine.
Now, I am a college student in my third year and I live off a loan; unfortunately, as the cliché goes for college students, I don’t have much money for food, let alone health food.
It kind of puts me in a predicament. I need to eat well and I need my education; and up until now, I have not been able to find a way to do both simultaneously. It’s like robbing Peter to pay Paul.
That’s when I got the idea—I got my college education on loan, maybe I can get food on loan, too. Perhaps an odd request, but if your company can periodically send me free coupons while I am in college, I would be more than obliged to stay loyal to your company after I graduate. Maybe you could think of me as a kind of investment that is sure to pay off. J
I know this letter probably comes from left-field, but I love your food so much that I gotta try. Please think about it, though. After all, I am only in college two more years, but I plan to eat healthy forever!

Sincerely,
spacetime_rambler

Postby spacetime_rambler » May 26, 2008 11:16 pm

Oh yeah, a typical letter by me:

---------------------------------

actually - this is exactly what I sent Toms'

to Tom’s of Maine:
Hey,
I just wanted to say that I love your deoderant. I can't wear any other brands without breaking out. What other kind of products do you guys have? Do you have a catalog you could send me?
Thanks!

-------------------------

Here is what I sent Food For Life:

Hey ya'll,

I just love your food! I eat so much Ezekiel Bread, sometimes up to six pieces a day! There's just one problem with eating so much of your bread -> its kind of affecting my wallet....

I don't know if it works, but I thought it worth trying: Is there anyway I could have some coupons mailed to me? I eat your stuff all the time and would love a little break.

Just thought I'd try.

Keep up the good work and thank you.

Sincerely

---------
And here is what I sent Silk:

Silk Soymilk:

Hello e-mail reader person,

I just wanted to drop a line and say how much I enjoy your products. For health reasons I am unable to drink milk and find your soy milk a great alternative. I've been hooked for a couple years now, and my love has infected the people around me.

I don't know if its possible, but can a person get some coupons just for asking? I don't find anything wrong with your product at all, and I have found that some companies will only give out coupons to correct a mistake. But every carton of soy milk that I have gotten from you guys has been great, so I can't complain hoping for coupons. :)

Keep up the good work
spacetime_rambler

Postby spacetime_rambler » May 26, 2008 11:18 pm

damn, i just looked over these and they seem real ass-kissy, but my pits smell good :)
spacetime_rambler

Postby Kissing A Fool » May 27, 2008 1:16 pm

Thx, I am *SO* gonna kiss a little butt to get coupons :)
Kissing A Fool

Postby waitbird » Feb 27, 2011 11:25 pm

Oh my gosh spacetime rambler, your emails made me smile so big! So genuinely sweet and kind and honest--I like that! And I like that the corporations are willing to show a little love. I'm gonna email Toms of Maine for sure (I use their toothpaste but I've never tried their deodorant. I'm hoping to get a care package too!) This is awesome, thanks for posting all this info. Right on!
Be like a child: play. Know for sure whatever is due to you, will be yours.-Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
waitbird

Return to Food and Health