It is currently Sep 18, 2019 5:39 am

what do you eat when you aren't hungry?

Many of us have found that food plays a large part in our physical and mental health. Some of us struggle with our relationship with food. What are you eating (or not eating) these days?

Re: what do you eat when you aren't hungry?

Postby kelonearth » Feb 15, 2015 1:25 pm

It is overwhelming and is making me physically ill. I'm losing weight very quickly, and I feel like I'm starving, but I feel nauseated whenever I try to eat.

Sushi never occurred to me. Maybe a cucumber roll would be bland enough to consume. Thanks for the idea.
kelonearth

Postby kelonearth » Feb 15, 2015 1:25 pm

Everything smells and tastes rancid. Have you ever experienced that? I have no idea why this is happening...
kelonearth

Postby equidancers » Feb 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Last edited by equidancers on Jul 05, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
equidancers

Postby FLAMING ATTACK B0T » Feb 15, 2015 3:45 pm

kelonearth wrote:Everything smells and tastes rancid. Have you ever experienced that? I have no idea why this is happening...

Actually yeah I have. Like your sense of smell is in overdrive and everything is too much, even "comfort" foods like peanut butter. After a while I need food so badly but there isn't enough energy in me to chew and swallow (uh, it's a bit like peak oil. You need a certain amount of fuel to extract new fuel but there isn't enough in you). The trick I've found is to stimulate the tongue without stimulating the nostrils; put extra salt and sugar on things but not anything aromatic. White rice, pasta, just get some calories down and later start eating something more substantial.
https://11700.dreamwidth.org/
FLAMING ATTACK B0T

Postby kevix » Feb 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Those basics are linked to mood: sleep, food, water, endorphins and what-not. So when I miss out on food, down goes the energy, mood,... into that dark, dark well. Is there any food that you love? I'm a strange person who loves "spegettios with franks" (its a frankenfood). But if I get the chance: sushi, veg/fruit/greens drinks or some spicy indian food. A friend of mine got me hooked on Senegalese food. I mean if you are down about food, try to find that one food that can whet your appetite. Maybe a bit of chocolate? Also, maybe smell some fresh vegetables and fruits? Visit a grocery store where they have it. I also love prepareing and cooking food, because you get to make it the way you want and know whats in it. That reminds me, some folks eat a bit of nut,fruit mix during the day for blood sugar and mood. Hope you find some path back to wellness in some tasty way.
kevix

Postby catmeow » Feb 16, 2015 3:20 pm

I agree with the fresh fruits and vegetables, dried fruit and nuts, as well as chocolate. When my psychosis was at it's worst, green juices were most of what i consumed. It wasn't the best idea, i later realized. Sometimes I cook up a small amount of carrots and potatoes and even just drinking the broth from that is sustaining. Or chicken broth, if you allow yourself white meat. Hope it gets better for you.
catmeow

Postby Laerrus » Feb 16, 2015 3:42 pm

Blended drinks,, protein and or green powder, eggs, yogurt, milk, honey, fruit
Tri ball minded
Laerrus

Postby kelonearth » Feb 16, 2015 5:23 pm

thanks everyone for the suggestions.
For now I'm starting with kid's Cliff bars, kiwis, strawberries, and cottage cheese. I wanted to get miso paste, but I forgot.

FLAMING ATTACK B0T wrote:The trick I've found is to stimulate the tongue without stimulating the nostrils;

I wonder if nose plugs would help.

kevix wrote:Those basics are linked to mood: sleep, food, water, endorphins and what-not. So when I miss out on food, down goes the energy, mood,... into that dark, dark well.

Exactly this ^

catmeow wrote: Sometimes I cook up a small amount of carrots and potatoes and even just drinking the broth from that is sustaining.

That's a really good idea that I hadn't thought of.

Laerrus wrote:green powde

also hadn't thought of that, thank you.
kelonearth

Previous

Return to Food and Health