It is currently Sep 18, 2019 5:40 am

food as my medicine... + supplements that food doesn't have

Many of us have found that food plays a large part in our physical and mental health. Some of us struggle with our relationship with food. What are you eating (or not eating) these days?

food as my medicine... + supplements that food doesn't have

Postby madmuse » Aug 06, 2010 2:57 am

Many of you keep asking me... what's my cure??? Here's the short version...

I tried every med you can think of, including depakote, haldol, lithium, topomax, zoloft, efferxor, prozac, etc... After all this and 15 years of being drugged off and on, I believe that meds are bandages covering the underline causes...

Identifying the emotion is the KEY to recovery. Once you recognize which emotion is blocking your health, you can easily work towards healing it. HOW??? A lot of therapy (any type of therapy that you like, including group therapy, spiritual therapy, music therapy, ecotherapy, sound therapy, etc.), meditation, yoga, exercise, spiritual focus... anything that helps YOU free yourself from this negative emotion. In the process you may discover other emotions blocking you... I did.... I had guilt and fear...two very negative emotions.

My emotional imbalance stemmed partly from an abusive environment in my house while growing up and partly from relationships that followed. The diagnosis label many of you are asking me about ranges from doctor to doctor :)... However, it has no significant value, as diagnoses are labels used in psychiatry to help doctors identify what they call 'illnesses'. In part, I believe 'illness' can result from negative environment/emotions...but the underline causes of illness are the negative emotions from childhood environments, habits, nutrition, and, in very rare cases, genes.

I have found my peace through nutrition (including foods & drinks I must eat and others I must avoid, including taking vitamins, minerals and amino acids every day!) and through sound therapy, which uses frequencies (listening to sounds with headphones) to balance brain waves. Through these methods and my exercise, yoga, meditation and spiritual enlightenment & practice, I have found peace, love and light!!

I wish you the best and truly hope you see the light and love within you. If you need anything, feel free to write me.
madmuse

Postby burnttoast » Nov 23, 2010 6:08 pm

nicely said, clearing emotions and moving on is good idea and better than drugs
<p>though clouds are gray/ and hard winds blow/ its through the rain/ our rainbows grow</p>
burnttoast

Re: food as my medicine... + supplements that food doesn't h

Postby naomibardo » Mar 02, 2018 8:43 am

wow,great job madmuse,wish I had been as wise as you.
naomibardo

Postby NickF » Jun 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Banana's seem to help lift my mood a little if I eat one first thing in the morning. And it's quick and easy.

There's some vitamin or something in bananas that's supposed to help with stress but I'm too tired to look up the science.

But bananas and cbd gummies go nicely together.
"I was terrified when my doctor told me I had a unique and interesting personality trait, but then he told me about new zoloft."
NickF

Postby yellowrose » Jun 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I am mostly eating comfort food at the moment. I tend to just eat what I want. I probably need to take more care with my diet.

L
The Tao that can be named is not the eternal Tao.
yellowrose

Return to Food and Health