It is currently Sep 18, 2019 5:33 am

Losing weight too fast

Many of us have found that food plays a large part in our physical and mental health. Some of us struggle with our relationship with food. What are you eating (or not eating) these days?

Losing weight too fast

Postby malakoa » May 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Since I started Vyvanse, I started losing weight like crazy. I was told to slow down.

I'm eating just short of a bridge troll's amount of fun. I go to Weight Watchers, and the are the ones who told me I'm losing too fast. I lost 2.4 this week. One week I lost 3.4. I've been warned this is dangerous "“It’s a big, big, huge problem,” says Christine Gerbstadt, MD, RD, spokesperson for the American Dietician Association. In addition to potentially damaging the gallbladder, says Gerbstadt, other risks of losing too much too fast include kidney failure, thyroid problems, osteoporosis (especially in young men), increased estrogen production, lessening of sexual functions, heart irregularity and changes in blood pressure. It can also be the start of an eating disorder (and no, you aren’t accidentally reading a story for young women)."

I am convinced it is the Vyvanse. When I go off it I will go back to being enormous.

Do you have any ideas on how to slow it down? I can't believe I'm asking this question.
malakoa

Return to Food and Health