It is currently Jun 25, 2019 8:01 pm

Holistic Weightloss

Many of us have found that food plays a large part in our physical and mental health. Some of us struggle with our relationship with food. What are you eating (or not eating) these days?

Holistic Weightloss

Postby yellowrose » Sep 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Does anyone know of any holistic methods of Weightloss? I'm thinking of weight watchers and slimming world but it's like a kind of industry.

L
The Tao that can be named is not the eternal Tao.
yellowrose

Re: Holistic Weightloss

Postby yellowrose » Oct 01, 2012 3:05 pm

At the radio station. Feeling quite fat, wondering how I can lose weight.

L
yellowrose

Postby maamyyrä » Oct 01, 2012 5:13 pm

there is no such thing a "holistic weightloss". "weighloss" is the safest way to weight gain. to 300 lbs type of weight gain. this is usually the case for people who appeared in weight watchers (or similar) ads at one point as "success". the body manages body weight a bit like body temperature. there is a set point. i think people who had never really "weight problems" can probably fuck with this set point in more unpunished ways, but it's not sure in that case. once the metabolism of a body is fucked up in terms to gain really a lot of weight that is not helpful, whether by nutrition, life style, or by drugs, this can't be made undone. basically everything will make it worse. so promises about things being "holistic"... that's for people who cannot read and fall for marketing lies.
nutrition approaches are actually never evaluated according to "success". but if something is "not bad" it means that it does not directly put you into hospital. which many do. kidney failure etc. the things that do not directly cause things like this surely put you on the path to the 300 lbs. or more, but maybe they could be seen as a harm reduction approach for starting that journey.
i don't add any links. if people are wiling to distinguish between commercial and actual information they will easily find all the data on their own.
you can't make grass grow more quickly by pulling on it
maamyyrä

Postby yellowrose » Oct 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi Maamyyra your post was helpful and informative.

I guess what I am wondering is if you rule out things like weightwatchers and other manifestations of the diet industry, is it wrong to try and aim for healthier weight. I mean if you are overweight like me is it wrong to try and improve your diet and exercise to reduce excess weight. I dont mean dieting I just mean trying to eat healthier food and trying to get enough exercise?

L
yellowrose

Postby erikesimmons89 » Jun 10, 2015 7:40 am

1. Drink Water, Especially Before Meals
2. Eat Eggs For Breakfast
3. Drink Coffee (Preferably Black)
4. Drink Green Tea
5. Cook With Coconut Oil
6. Take a Glucomannan Supplement
7. Cut Back on Added Sugar
8. Eat Less Refined Carbs
9. Go on a Low Carb Diet