It is currently Sep 18, 2019 5:05 am

I made a thing

Many of us have found that food plays a large part in our physical and mental health. Some of us struggle with our relationship with food. What are you eating (or not eating) these days?

Re: I made a thing

Postby NickF » Jan 03, 2017 7:14 pm

I'm going to try adding chili sauce to make it a little less bland. I put way too little marinade last night. The actual chicken cooked very well. I left it on 250 degrees for around ten minutes in my sandwich grill.
"I was terrified when my doctor told me I had a unique and interesting personality trait, but then he told me about new zoloft."
NickF

Postby NickF » Jan 04, 2017 2:11 pm

I've decided to make an attempt at making "spicy noodles". The next week trying to make it 7 days with no foods with added sugar and a few processed foods as possible. I'll probably have to live mostly off grilled meats with some kind of seasoning, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, and scrambled eggs in coconut oil. I'll try to figure out more easy meal ideas before then. In the next couple days I'll also need to rack my brain trying to remember the ingredients to spicy noodles. My mom hadn't made them since I was around 9. That's why I called them spicy noodles. Because I was 9. Sometimes it's good that 9 year olds call things exactly what they are.
"I was terrified when my doctor told me I had a unique and interesting personality trait, but then he told me about new zoloft."
NickF

Postby NickF » Jan 04, 2017 6:11 pm

The spicy noodles turned out pretty close to what I remember them tasting like as a kid. Most of the flavor comes from sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
NickF

Postby NickF » Jan 05, 2017 11:15 pm

I'm glad I figured out a close approximation of the spicy noodles recipe. It really reminds me of my childhood.
NickF

Postby NickF » Jan 06, 2017 8:57 pm

Sesame oil is one of the best things ever. I'm looking for more recipes that use it. It's even good with just chicken fried in it and that's all.
NickF

Postby NickF » Jan 06, 2017 9:48 pm

I found a bottle of philipino style grilling marinade. It smells good. I'm glad my dad bought too much chicken now.
NickF

Postby NickF » Jan 11, 2017 5:33 pm

The philipino bbq chicken is easily the best thing I've made on the grill, besides the usual hot links with hawaiian buns. It tastes like it came from a restaurant. A specific hawaiian restaurant near here.
NickF

Postby NickF » Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Rice a roni and bbq chicken. Not super impressive, but it's the first multi-dish meal I've ever made.
NickF

Postby NickF » Feb 01, 2017 8:22 pm

I'm going to try putting some avacado in my beef chorizo. Why not? Maybe it'll help subdue the overspicing of this brand. It's not hot spicy, though that wouldn't have been a bad thing. It's just so strong I can't taste the beef. I might have to try a different brand next time.
NickF

Postby NickF » Feb 13, 2017 3:25 pm

I made a broccoli cheddar ricearoni, and I even threw in some real broccoli! I just steamed a head of it on the next pot over, then cut off little pieces and mixed them in as the rice cooked. It turned out pretty good. I know it was too much fiber. I won't say why I know. You're welcome.
NickF

Postby NickF » Nov 15, 2017 8:41 pm

4 eggs with cheddar cheese, black pepper and tajin. I burned the bottom, the top was good though. I ate it with a hawaiian sweetroll and butter.
NickF

Postby naomibardo » Nov 16, 2017 4:28 am

That sounds very high in cholesterol,just saying.
naomibardo

Postby NickF » Nov 16, 2017 5:46 pm

I don't really worry about cholesteral as much as carbs. I wish I could've cut out the roll, but the eggs were a little too runny.
NickF

Previous

Return to Food and Health