It is currently Aug 24, 2019 10:23 am

dealing with hypersexuality + triggered by sex/masturbation

Sex has the potential to heal us and to hurt us. Many of us find that our madness is intertwined with our sexualities in both positive and negative ways. This forum contains explicit talk about sexual practices, bodies, sexuality, sexual trauma, etc.

dealing with hypersexuality + triggered by sex/masturbation

Postby geshtinanna » Mar 26, 2016 6:24 pm

a nasty cocktail of bipolar and ptsd means i get so hypersexual i feel like i'm crawling out of my skin, but i can't have sex or even rub one out without shutting down for days. i'm only 20 and i'm scared i'll never feel comfortable sexually ever again, because of the repressed memories i dredged up over the past year. i have a partner who i trust more than anyone and they're up for patiently navigating our desires together, but i get triggered even when i'm with them. i know healing takes time but i can't deal with how trapped hypersexuality makes me feel when i can't do anything to satisfy it. has anyone else been through this?? does anyone have advice on how to get rid of that agitated, i-need-to-be-touched-right-now feeling without .... actually being touched?
geshtinanna

Re: dealing with hypersexuality + triggered by sex/masturbat

Postby riddlekitty » May 04, 2016 11:18 pm

I understand the feeling and I struggle with it myself. :( I can't offer much advice outside of what I've tried which is "ignore it." x x Which is not helpful, I realize. My other methods of trying to contain myself are spiritual, wearing a headcovering with a taboo against sex while wearing it, or praying over prayer beads as a meditation until the feeling passes.

If anyone else has better advice, please, I'd love to hear it, myself. Especially as I get hypersexual urges to do things I absolutely 100% do not ever want to do in my life and it only contributes to my self-hatred. x x
fae/faer, or they/them pronouns, in order of preference.
One(ish) of 27 people sharing a body. Autistic and traumatized and whoo boy lookit those personality disorders, and over there! Look! Some phobias! :D What do you mean you don't see them?
riddlekitty

Re: dealing with hypersexuality + triggered by sex/masturbat

Postby anniefrances » Jun 02, 2018 9:21 pm

Feeling uncomfortable with this post so I deleted.
anniefrances

Return to Sex and Sexuality